Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Science journal entry

Journal Entry Brad
I am now okay, but I have been through a lot. My name is Charlie and I’m 17 years old. My old town was Port-au-prince which is the capital of Haiti. Haiti is a small country just outside of Cuba, one of the most popular countries in the world, but not population wise. When the big Haiti earthquake happened I was sitting inside my small townhouse just outside of Leogane, the country where the earthquake hit. About 3 hours before the earthquake happened there was a large group of people yelling at me from across the street telling me to get as far away from here as possible.
I am a white person with a good amount of money. My dad lives in Toronto and owns the CN tower which means he could fly his personal agents into Port-au-Prince just to save me. The plane wouldn’t arrive for the next three and a half hours. It was then that I grabbed my cell phone and a bottle of water and started to run. Buildings in the distance started collapse and people started to scream, as much as I wanted to help them I couldn’t because the land was all foggy and musty. If I tried to help all the Haitians I would get caught up in a large rock and die. I called my dad’s agents and told them to hurry, they replied, “I don’t know where to pick you up”. Fly to the only Haiti airport I pronounced.
While running, I saw ahead of me a large white building. The earthquake had already hit and was coming my way. Not only that but I still had to run a good 20 minutes to get to the airport where the agents were picking me up. All I thought was I’m not going to die, but I didn’t know that with my fist clenching and my breath slowly running out. I saw the Agents in the distance! Flying into the airport waiting for me to show up, keep in mind I have been running for the last two and a half hours.
Behind me the ground was rumbling and cracking into small little pieces and I sniffed up many little pieces of ricks from the soil of the ground. There was a huge catastrophe behind me. Nobody will ever know what this feeling is until you live it. All my clothing that I took on my trip would now be burnt up from the earthquake clashing with the power lines just outside of my visiting home.
The jet saw me running towards the airport, just in case I didn’t make it they decided to fly over to where I was. I could feel the ground crumbling beneath me, I had just dropped my water onto the ground and only focused on getting onto that plane. I need to get to Toronto I announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment